Friday, February 03, 2006

Eating is Believing


Back to John for the moment. One of the best articles I've read on John 6:51, "I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world", is by Dave Gibson, "Eating Is Believing? On Midrash and the Mixing of Metaphors in John 6," Themelios 27.7 (2002): 5-15. It is well written and an excellent article to give to theological students who are perplexed about John and eucharistic theology. Even better the article is available on-line at Rob Bradshaw's site right here. If I remember correctly David is doing some postgrad studies down the road at Aberdeen?

1 comment:

David said...

Thanks Mike - very kind of you. Yes, I am just down the road from you in Aberdeen.